Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A Party!

Eliana likes Candy Corn. And costumes. And cup cakes. And parties. Parker likes everything, he's just that kind of guy. So this weekend's Velez Halloween Party Spectacular was a huge success. Like anything, it was full of crazy stress and big laughs, ups and downs, and family and friends. It was great.

Ellie-belle was a kitty cat and Parker was a mouse....a mouse that never put on his costume because it was 8,000 degrees and Mr. Mousy was made out of super-thick felt. Aunt Wendy, Uncle Chris, and cousin Cole were great hosts and put together just about the cutest kids Halloween party I've every seen. Okay, so it was also the first kids Halloween party I've ever seen, but that shouldn't cheapen it. Hehe.


The food was great and very creative. Can you say "Lumber-jack finger hot dogs?" Exactly. And the games kept everyone entertained for the full three hours.

Eliana did have a full-blown melt-down on the way home, but we forgave her. It's been a rough two weeks in our family and we'll let her slide this once. Everyone has been so great to us....so supportive and loving and encouraging. I'm amazed by every single one of our silver lining moments:
  • Dan & Alisha, and cousin Rylee, coming home,
  • My parents as they deal with all "the business"...and all of us,
  • Barbara for ALL of the child care so I can be at the hospital,
  • Derrick for holding me while I cry and laughing with me when I'm ready,
  • Wendy for the love and surprise house cleaning,
  • All of our friends for the out-pouring of love and help and food and....everything,
  • Eliana & Parker for being so patient with mommy,
  • And John...for choosing to FIGHT and LIVE.
I love you all. You make my life a party.

No comments:

Post a Comment