Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I'm not that girl....

So, I can be a little dismissive and intolerant about ridiculous stuff. Don't get me wrong, there is a lot of really great stuff to be intolerant of. Such as enormous environmental oil spills, ongoing wars, crimes against humanity. And then there's the next tier of issues like your run-of-the-mill misogyny, racism, ethnocentrism, religionism (I'm sure that's a word) and so on and so forth.

But I get real caught up in issues nowhere near as noble as these. Once, I judged stay-at-home moms. I thought, "You crazy, uneducated, unsociable creatures! Like it's so hard to get out and get your hair done! Go get a manicure! Why do you always wear the same clothes everyday! Ugh."

And here we are. My intolerance slipping out the window as I eat my words...or rather thoughts. I would have never actually said these things to a SAHM!! But I always thought them.

I got my hair done for the first time in over a year last weekend. We're getting ready for some family pictures in the next weeks and I'm thinking, "Well, I probably shouldn't wear my cargos and wife-beater in the photo...what do people wear when they go out now-a-days??"

I feel guilty having dinner with my friends a few times A YEAR!!!

I'm a wreck.

I'm a SAHM.

I even hate the acronym.

I am committed to change. My husband is going to hate it.....

No comments:

Post a Comment