Monday, April 27, 2009

Time

The clock fell off the wall the other day in the little corner of the N-ICU that has been Parker's for the past two weeks. I think it was a sign.

I've been up and down, good and bad for a bit now. I know that seems perfectly logical from a new mom/postpartum perspective. But, unfortunately, that does not make the feelings any less "feely." But the clock...it fell off the wall. And it made me realize that this will all be over soon. Parker doesn't care what day it is. He's here all to early in the first place and I can't set arbitrary time lines to get him home any faster...he will do it when he's ready.


And then, just like that, big improvements and hopeful faces from our doctors and nurses in the past 12 hours. He's eating well and getting big. He's figuring out what he needs to figure out and he'll be home before I'm probably even ready at this point.

But I know he will come home. And I know Derrick and I have a beautiful family. And I know how lucky we really are. It's just taken me a little bit of time to figure it all out.

No comments:

Post a Comment