Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Our Day in the Sun...


The sun came out today. And we finally took advantage of it.

Our friends Darci & Preston generously invited us to join them at the Lakeshore pool this morning for some sunning and swimming. Wonderfully fabulous and now I'm more tempted than ever to join. The trip was probably my first official solo-parent adventure with the two kids. We had such a great time and I have a feeling this is Eliana's summer to turn into a little fish. She LOVED the pool and even got quite brave walking out all the way to her chin. I'm sure I'll be hearing about the "Pool, Mommy! Pool!" all week. Parker slept and lounged and got all the attention, what a little flirt. I managed to keep up (and get a little sunburned. I was too worried about the kids!!) Impressive.

I'm glad to get a bit of sun before our big Wednesday. My dad, Jim, goes in for kidney surgery tomorrow afternoon. It's a big six-hour ordeal and while the parents keep assuring us things are just fine...it's scary to think of him in any pain. We'll be thinking about him all day long....while we're down at Children's Hospital having a surgeon meet with Parker for potential surgery on his umbilical hernia. What a day.

I know there will be lots more good days for us this summer. Happy, sunny, laughter-filled days. We just have to get through tomorrow. ;)

1 comment:

  1. i cant wait to get to the pool too. glad thing are well. sorry we missed ya this weekend but well meet up sometime. miss ya. hope your dad is doing ok. let me know updates

    ReplyDelete