Friday, June 12, 2009

Surprise

Mr. Pope still has the ability to surprise. Not something I necessarily expect after, what, seven years together? Here we are, doing the baby thing, living the baby life. Our paths cross at odd hours for feedings and bath time and every now and then even for dinner. We have a couple of laughs over the phone some days and when we're actually in person the conversations usually turn to planning and organizing, if we even have time (or mental capacity) for that.

This is in no way a complaint. I can only speak for myself, but I'm deliriously happy right now. We have two beautiful, healthy kids. I'm kind of in the stay-at-home-mommy groove. And my husband is awesome. He cooks, he cleans (not often, but he tries), he makes me laugh. Things are good.

I don't need 23-hour-a-day relationship validation. But then he goes and sets up a date....for me and my friend for dinner and a movie. The sneaky twosome planned it all without my knowledge and it made me feel loved beyond belief. They took the time to do it...in the middle of their busy days....to surprise me. Dinner was great (although I did yawn a few times) and the movie was just what I needed, about 2,000 laughs.

Thanks for thinking of me, love. I'll see ya tonight around 3 a.m.....

No comments:

Post a Comment