Thursday, November 19, 2009

A Chill


Derrick loves fall. Something about the perfect combination of warm sweaters, hot chocolate, cool mornings and falling leaves. I suppose those things are all very nice. I'm rather fond of them as well. It's just that here in old Colorado fall is so stinkin' short! Once again, we have transitioned much too rapidly from crisp autumn nights to snowy, icy days.

But the snow hasn't been able to get me down. I love the snow, too... (in November. We are not friends in March.) Because no matter the weather these short Colorado seasons will inevitably turn into my favorite time of year, come snow or sun or both. I adore the holiday season. Our Thanksgiving will be filled with family and food and fun. I expect a similar story for Christmas.....

I cannot wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment