Thursday, February 18, 2010

Recorded Live

There are lots of things I don't know. Like what time, what evening or even on what channel some of my favorite TV shows air. Mr. Pope has them set to record on DVR and I get to watch them whenever I like. I love that.

So I don't even know how old the episode was, but last night we watched an episode of "30 Rock" where everyone hates winter. Well, Ms. Faye and your funny cast mates, I concur. I kind of hate this winter. We've been sick, in one way or another, since exactly Dec. 12, 2009. And I'm about to lose my mind!

It breaks my heart when my kids are sick. You just want to fix it and you can't. Not acceptable, as far as I'm concerned, but that's why I drive myself crazy. I love to hate things I can't control. So, today, as we roll through a stomach bug, I've watched "The Jetsons Movie" three times with Eliana. Eaten crackers with Parker for a full hour and a half as he's particularly slow...but loves crackers. And thought about how much I'd like to air out the house, go for a walk, see the sun and maybe even do something like lay on a beach and drink an adult beverage.

I think I'll have one anyway. Here's to your health and nice, early spring. And a little DVR on a cold, snowy night.

No comments:

Post a Comment