Friday, April 2, 2010

Full of It

I'm full of amazing, thoughtful, insightful observations lately. Like our approach to home buying. No, we have yet to find dream house 2.0. And yes, we are fast approach the closing date of dream house the first, but do not fret. All will work out.

But home shopping has stirred some issues. Issues that I thought were long in the past... but does anything really stay in the past? I think not. Somehow I forgot about all the moving I did as a kid. I pretended like it didn't impact me. I moved a lot. I probably lived in six different houses before high school and 10 different places before Derrick and I moved to our first real place together, this little Owens house. So I've been crazy about wanting a place that feels like "home," because this little home has been one of a very few number of times in my life where I felt really stable. And comfortable. And home. I forgot what it felt like to start over and I know that I hate it and I want more than anything for my kids not to start all over all the time like I did. Funny how one can forget so easily. And how these things will find you again. And again. And again.

Oh, and Derrick grew up in a Ranch-style home. And despises the Ranch to his fullest capability. Hmmm. Somehow my story is more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment