Monday, July 19, 2010

Everything I love about Summer

Summer has hit that crucial half-way mark where 1.) you feel 102 degree sunshine all week long, and 2.) you also start getting "Back-to-School" ads in your Sunday newspaper. So in honor of a season that seems to blast past a bit to quickly in Colorado here are all the things that make mine (briefly) fabulous:

1.) Vacation. The Mr. and I had four blissful days in Sarasota,FL. this week. Amazing calamari at the Crab & Fin on St. Armand's Circle. Hours and hours playing on the beach and loving the bathtub-warm ocean waves. Siesta Key and the softest sand I've ever felt in my life. Watermelon mojitos, two lounge chairs, and the man I still love to be all alone with. Perfect.

2.) Watermelon Mojitos. We liked them so much we came home and made more. We made gallons of them for our housewarming party. DELICIOUS.

3.) House parties. Our housewarming party was insane. I think we had 20 kids under the age of five. How did this happen to all of us? Well, I actually think I know the answer to that....

4.) The activity that has provided us, and all of our wonderful friends, with said children. Always more fun in the summer.

5.) All the Other Stuff. Popsicles. Ellie & Parker's blow-up pool. Day trips downtown (our kids just might be the best-ever well behaved kids in a restaurant. Just sayin'), the big, fun Lakeshore pool, 800 summer birthday parties (11% of birthdays are in August), BBQ's, beach towels, tan lines, and sunscreen. I love sunscreen.

No comments:

Post a Comment