Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Snooze

I've been sleeping. A lot. This is a big deal for a couple of reasons.

1.) It means that my kids are actually sleeping. After almost two years Parker, aka The Sleep Terrorist, is finally sleeping through the night. 14-hour nights. It's amazing. And both kiddos are sleeping in until 8:30 in the morning. Ahhhh-mazing. I know this will not last. And even if it does we're enrolling Ellie-belle in morning pre-school next year so it will have to end there regardless of personal desire.

And 2.) I am actually able to sleep. All night. For Hours. This is a big deal for an insomniac. It could just be because the last four years of sporadic sleep has finally taken it's toll or I'm finally letting go of some of my crazy controlling, list-making, guilt-inducing nighttime tendencies that make it so hard to get a few winks. It's probably the former.

All I can say is that sleep makes the whole house a nicer place to be. I'm not so shabby with a whole eight hours under my belt and I don't think I've ever slept that much consistently in my life. EVER. Five or six hours was always pretty normal and usually enough. I'm going to guess that my need for increased sleep has expanded with old age just like my dress size. I'm okay with that.

Now if I could just make myself wake up before the kids rise and get in some of that much loved and much needed YOGA...

Nope, I can't do it. The sleep is too good. And when in my life will I get to sleep in until 8 o'clock ever again? I'm milking this for all it's worth.

P.S. I cursed myself with this post. Insomnia is back and kids are waking up in the middle of the night...Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment