Friday, January 21, 2011

"Veronica" has Style

I've been blessed with a rather unique name. It's not completely uncommon, but it's not like I meet a lot of people in my day who say, "Oh, hi! My name is Veronica, too!"

What's funny is that while I've never been a "Ronnie" or anything like that no one in my life actually uses my name. EVER.

I'm "Ronca" to my brothers and close friends (a gift from my baby brother John growing up), I'm "V" to almost everyone else including my husband who also uses the little married pet names when he needs my attention. And of course I'm just "Mommy" to my kids. I think I probably hear Mrs. Pope more than I ever here my first name anymore. And that's cool.

But then, as I've been pondering the interwebs for cool new clothes for Vegas and beyond, I was struck by the sheer awesomeness of the "Veronica" name and all that it apparently implies. I love style hunting. I love fashion. I love putting it all together into something that maybe says a little bit about me. That goal is made pretty easy when the clothes are actually named after, well, me.

Check out all of the rock star fashion inspired by my name:


Kate Spade "Veronica" Sunglasses. (Top)
Anne Cole "Veronica" One-piece. (Above)
Sexy little Tart "Veronica" Dress. (Below)

Amazing Robert Rodriguez Black Label "Veronica" Gown. (Above)
Elie Tahari Leather Pin-tuck "Veronica" Jacket. (Below).


Frye "Veronica" Shortie Boots. (below)



What?!? The name is obviously working overtime to create some cool vibes and chill fashion. I'm inspired. And I must admit, I ordered the Tart "Veronica" dress. It should be here today. Watch out Vegas. I'm Veronica. And I'll see you next week.

Now that I think of it, my sister-in-law Wendy sings me the Elvis Costello song "Veronica" every time I call her...

Rock 'n Roll, baby. Rock 'n Roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment