Friday, May 13, 2011

Geek Chic

I need to brush up on my geek knowledge. After hanging out with Mr. Pope for a couple weeks I'm afraid he's on to me and my recent lack of geeky intelligence. We took the kids to Free Comic Book Day (it's the first Saturday of May every year, y'all.) It was the first outing we'd taken as a family in over a week and was kind of Mr. P's dream come true with his "Avatar: The Last Airbender" loving little Ellie-Bellie and his little boy, Parker.

I know Pope always wanted a son. Someone to share all of his nerd stuff with. Comic books. Video games. And Star Wars. And EVERY superhero movie ever. And Parker pretty much came into the world with the same apparent loves. One of his first words was "Batman" after all.

But upon our return from our happy little outing I was asked to read said free comics. Over and over and over and over. And while Parker already knows who Batman, and The Flash, and Robin are he had a few questions about some of the other guys. And I didn't know their names. For shame, Veronica. For shame.

Parker was shocked, I'm sure, only because he thinks I'm some sort of all-knowing Madonna figure. Hehe. But Derrick - oh, he knows better. And he's not quite sure why I'm so out of the loop. He's not sure why I don't know anything about the "Thor" movie that just came out. (Or is it not out yet? See, I don't know.) And he's not too sure why I'm convinced that the name "Aqua Lad" sounds a little too funny to be taken seriously.

I need to brush up, I guess. Add some extra geeky boy knowledge to the old skill set. Both to improve my much loved comic book reading with my little man and to impress my sexy geek husband.

But really, Aqua Lad??

No comments:

Post a Comment