Saturday, May 7, 2011

Flowers & Snuggles

I spend time being grateful. It's important. It's too easy to get caught up in the negative. So this week I'm grateful for my husband and his mostly speedy recovery. And getting the time with him that we've had over the past week and half...even if it's not under the best of circumstances. And I love him because he's not down-in-the-dumps about his situation either. We were laughing and making jokes just minutes before they took him into surgery. He's a brave guy. And he's stronger than I give him credit for sometimes.

And I'm grateful for our moms for helping us so much during the early days when he was just home, on tons of meds, in lots of pain...and I was bolting up to Greeley everyday trying to pretend that I wasn't totally worried about what was happening in my little home.


But we've been reunited for the past couple weeks. And things are as normal as they ever really get around here. I wanted to cry Eliana's "Mother's Tea Party" at her preschool was so cute. The kids served us cookies and punch and made us all sorts of thoughtful presents and even sang us a song that Ellie continues to sing around the house...."I like the way you look, and I like the way you cook! So I just want to say, 'Happy Mothers Day!'" She's just big all of a sudden. We have real conversations about very important things. And she tells Mr. Pope he needs to call her if he needs anything. Very important.

And I'm glad we've taken away that blasted binky as Parker is much more fun to be around without that plug shoved in his face all day and night. He's talking so much too. The other day when Derrick told me Parker said something funny "out of the blue." Parker looked at him all squinty-eyed and said, "No, Dada. It was purple." Hehe. And just today he corrected me while we were playing horses that his was "A baby horse, not a big horse, Mama." He's putting 2 and 3 sentences together at a time. It happens so quick.

And I love the sunshine (now that it's back). And I can't wait to have the family over for Mother's Day Brunch tomorrow even though it involves and evening of cooking and cleaning. But I'm grateful. (And I'm posting this late. Updates to come.)

QOD: "I wanna tell Mama bye-bye." - My little Park
"This taint supposed to be happening to me!!" - My Mister



No comments:

Post a Comment