Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Date Nights & Girl Parties

As we're back to the whole school season, which I will be "going back to" for the next 20 years,  we've been crazy busy with all of the fun things that school and fall bring.

On one particular Saturday afternoon, with Ellie at a birthday party, I had the pleasure of taking Parker out to dinner. Solo. I don't think Parker and I have ever done something just for fun and just for us. It was awesome. He talked his face off, played with the other kids without the super friend big sister to pave the way for him, and drank my whole milk shake. He's a sweetheart. And an excellent date. I got lots of kisses but all in all he was a perfect gentleman. 

You're welcome future grown-up Parker girlfriends. You're welcome.

Mr. Pope aka Mr. Baby

And as Ellie now goes to school four days a week, one of those being our Monday Funday, Derrick is able to stay home and sleep in with Parker while the girls get up and go to school.  Eliana LOVES the girl time. She calls them our "Girl Parties." And she races out the door to make sure it's just us in the car and she'll get every ounce of my attention. She started a great tradition and now I love Monday mornings, too.

My Litte Miss
I love that my little buddies like each other so much, but I love my time with each of them on their own. They are big, smart, amazing people stuck in tiny little bodies. And they teach me something new everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment