Saturday, February 14, 2009

Mine Valentine


Relationships are funny. Mr. Pope and I are extremely happy together....most of the time. There are always the little things that get in the way of remembering why we're so happy together, but luckily for us, those things are usually few and far between. I'm lucky that not only am I married to a truly wonderful man, but I actually like him, I really do like him!

We have too much fun together once all of life's little tasks are cleared away at the end of the day. Take last night for instance, when I became obsessed with a little online game called Mafia Wars. I'm actually obsessed. And this brought Derrick an enormous sense of joy to see me go nuts over something that he himself loves so much (not Mafia Wars in particular...but online gaming in general. He's a fan, if you don't know. A big online gaming nerdy fan.) He laughed at me all night....and this morning too as I burnt Eliana's breakfast to get a few more "jobs" done on the game.

We laugh at each other, we have fun together, and every now and then we realize that we really get along well. Who knows...by the end of this whole marriage thing I might love comic books, Xbox gaming and beach volleyball and he'll be really into vegetarian cooking, Hemingway novels, Coach bags and Coen brothers movies!!

I'm just happy we're in it and that we're in it together. Happy Valentine's Day to everyone and especially mine valentine and mafia companion, Derrick.















(In other family news Elle loved her valentine with the stickers. Oh, how every little girl loves stickers. Good job, Dad.)

No comments:

Post a Comment