Thursday, February 26, 2009

It's the thought that counts.....

I'm sure I do a lot of things that drive people crazy. I'm sure of it. But, one thing that I try to be aware of every single day is to not take people for granted. There are times and places for things like "pleases" and "thank-yous" and "would you minds?" and they should be lavished upon the people we spend the most time with, not just the teller at the bank or the kid at the coffee shop.

I try to appreciate lots of little things, probably because my life is all little things right now, but people are on the top of the list. I'll use that as the excuse as to why my house is always so messy....it's because I'm trying to put people first! Hehe.


So, I just wanted to say thank you to my mom and step-dad, Jim, for taking Eliana last weekend so Derrick and I could have a much needed and super-fun weekend up in Ft. Collins (to use the gift certificates that they gave us for Christmas...so thoughtful.) And, a thanks for just stopping by or calling to say "Hi" and all those nice things you do. Thanks to Derrick's mom, Barbara, for having so much fun with Elle on Wednesdays. She loves the time with Grandma and I LOVE the time to myself (even if it is spent doing a glucose test at the doctor's office....) Thanks to my dad, Ron, who actually called this week to make sure we were doing okay because he hadn't heard from us....in two whole days.

And thanks Armando for calling to make dinner plans as I've been MIA as of late....and "Auntie D" and JR for being our great neighbors and last-minute baby-sitters. We have the best parents, the most wonderful siblings, and the greatest friends on the planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment