Thursday, May 28, 2009

Good Plan

I love to travel. I love the beach. I absolutely love it. As a long-time mountain girl I know that this is where I want to be, not necessarily in the mountains, but right up next to them. Derrick has gotten me pretty darn close and I love our little house and our beautiful drive home. But I've been a lot of places and I've seen a lot of things. I love a good holiday.

Maybe it was the yearly trips to Cozumel that my dad took us on as kids? Or the trips where we'd just head to the airport and not know if we were going to Orlando or Vegas (as an adult this is exciting, as a 14 year old this is just crazy). Or the trips to Canada & Texas & California with the Mom & Jim?

I'm looking forward to seeing if my love of travel and all things new lives on in my children as we plan for our first "family of four" family vacation. We'll be joining the Washington Popes on the Oregon Coast in August, complete with commercial jets, and rented cars....and a four month old.

It sounds wonderful and terrifying and fantastic. We can dig for clams and watch the sun set and eat the most wonderful Jack Pope food. And share the love of travel and water and family with my little Popes. It's one of the things I really wanted to know I'd be able to give them....little parts of the world.

Oh, and I get to plan. You all know I love to plan. I'll be planning until we land. Too fun.


(Washington Coast 2007)

No comments:

Post a Comment