Thursday, May 21, 2009

Oh Brother

Every girl needs a brother. That's just the way of the world. People talk all about the closeness of sisters and all that fun sisterhood stuff...but I like brothers. Mine are funny and silly and protective and probably annoying, but I love them dearly.

(Baby Sepsey Baby Shower Fun)

Eliana is also learning the joys of having a brother as she spent some much cherished "alone time" with hers as I changed the laundry for three minutes today. She actually told me to go away when I got back and she laid on the floor and patted Parker's head and repeated my new favorite line of hers, "Tay, baby, tay." (Roughly translated to "It's okay, baby. It's okay.")


(New big sister, Eliana. She just loves her "baby" Parker. And KT's BBQ.)

(John, Chris, Veronica & Dan)

We had a whirl-wind visit this past week from my brother Dan, who is stationed with his wife Alisha in Japan, and my brother Chris who has spent the last three months working in India. I don't think all three of my brothers have been in the same country at the same time in four or five years. Youngest brother John is the rock that stays put (much to my happiness) and the other two are always coming and going. But it seems like mostly going.....

We had lots of fun playing with the babies Pope, preparing for Dan's first baby Sepsey (due in September) and acting like we did when we were ten years old. I love them and miss them and think they are each the best uncle to my kids I could ever ask for. Thanks, brothers.

(Uncle Dan & Parker)

No comments:

Post a Comment