Sunday, March 21, 2010

Fear & Loathing


Our house sold. It's not our house anymore. This is exciting and sad and moderately terrifying all at the same time. Nothing good in life is accomplished through fear. And yet I'm approaching this next phase from this unfortunate and worthless mental space.

"What if the next house isn't as good as this one?"
"What if we're too far away from the people we love?"
"What if the schools are terrible?"
"What if I hate it and I just want my old house back?"

This is not productive. And it's certainly not making the most of an exciting (and hopefully rare) moment in our lives. This is our next phase. Our new start. As parents. And grown ups. We're thinking about school districts and taxes and parks and recreation. What?!? Grown-up stuff.

And so I will not be filled with fear. And I will not look back in sadness. All of my happy memories from this little house can be packed up and moved to the next one. Once we find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment