Saturday, June 12, 2010

I'm Settled, Now Let's Go!

I can be a bit of whiner. It's true. I'll blame it on being the only girl in my family of brothers, being an Aries, being a mommy to two little ones who keep getting sick (Stop getting sick, babies! I'm about to bathe you in hand sanitizer!!) But whatever, I can be a whiner.

This does not, however, negate all of the wonderful stuff in my life. For instance, my husband gave me a trip to Florida for my birthday, to be taken at our earliest convenience pending a lot of moving unknowns, and I'm ready to go. The house is fine. I'm settled. Let's go.

Marriage is a funny thing. The love I feel for my children is instinctual and automatic. But my love for my husband ebbs and flows (because I'm a whiner) while still growing stronger every single day. Some days I can't imagine being away from Ellie and Parker but every now and then all I want is to be alone with Mr. Pope and be the center of his world for a few days. It's a pretty nice place to be.

So, the painting and furniture-placing and shopping, and yes, the continued unpacking will have to wait. Now I just have to find our luggage...

(Oh, and I was about to post a picture of said much-loved husband during his "May Mustache Madness" competition but I just couldn't do that to the man. I'll have to wait till he posts the pics online himself...I'm not that mean. You can find them here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment