Friday, June 25, 2010

Just So Big

It's amazing how childhood works. Everyday is new and exciting and yet I feel like these little people in my life have always been exactly how they are right now....and always will be. But that's not true. They obviously grow and change everyday and will continue to do so. How is that I know everything about them and somehow nothing at all?? Watching them become their own little people is the best part. (Even if I know in my heart they will be mine forever.)

This week Parker started walking! He's not super-motivated about it. Crawling is apparently still faster and more convenient. But he's walking. And quite proud of himself, I might add. I like to think of walking as the birth of free will. Before "walking" they are a baby. After "walking" they are a little person into everything and fully aware that they have some sort of new power. I love it.

And Eliana, this week, saw her from movie in a movie theater. I'm not gonna lie, I cried. Really?!? Yup. It seemed momentous. How will I manage when she goes to preschool?? Or leaves for college?? I can't even handle a movie!! Derrick and I took her to see Toy Story 3 and I'm pretty sure she like the candy and slushie more than the movie.

At one point, when it got scary, she snuggled up to me and said, "I'm a little bit scary (her version of scared). Let's get outta here!!" But she did really good. Sat through the whole thing and loved her special time with mom and dad.

Oh, my little guys. Not gonna be little forever....

No comments:

Post a Comment