Thursday, June 17, 2010

Some days

Some days are better than others. Like today. We've been up since roughly 4:30 a.m. Those little booger babies. Up so early.

And (as I'm getting more and more embarrassed to admit) we're trying round 348 of potty training. Why am I embarrassed that Eliana isn't potty trained? It's not like I pee my pants! (Unlike a few unnamed friends who may or may not pee when alcohol is involved. But I'm sure that's another post altogether.) But regardless of this I certainly feel her "resistance" is somehow my fault. That's what the handout the doctor gave us says. Not necessarily that it's my fault, per se, but that at three a child should be daytime potty trained and if not they are "resistant." Really? I think I've figured as much out on my own. And I'm also pretty sure the handout is implying that it's my fault. Somewhere in the subtext.

So, we'll work on this potty training thing. And we've taken to letting her put stickers on the actual toilet in her bathroom. Hopefully, when all is said and done, she'll be a big girl in her princess panties and we'll have a beautifully decorated commode.

Someday.

2 comments:

  1. So we are too working on this with Zach and he is VERY resistant. When I say resistant I mean defiant. He knows exactly what he is supposed to do on the potty but if we put him there to go and he doesn't "feel" like it than we sit, and sit, and sit (sometimes for more than 30 mins) and after the 30 mins is up and we put a diaper back on him he pees within a minute.

    Got to love the rebellion started at 3 years old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're bribing "toilet time" with Jelly Beans. It's our latest attempt. We shall see. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete