Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Deal-i-o (with Pictures)

The fact that I haven't been interested in posting anything about recent events is probably a good thing. We've had really good stuff going on and I've kind of been all about enjoying said events instead of blogging said events. We've been having a rather wonderful fall and I'm in love with the cooler days, the turning leaves and little holiday projects and outings with the little Elle & Park.

So here's my book-report style run-down of all the fun stuff. Put to page more for my memory than anything else. Please to enjoy...

1.) My Cousin's Big, Phat Chicago Wedding: Oh, I had the most fun running out to Chicago for the biggest family wedding since my own family wedding, and that was more than 6 years ago. I loved the (brief) moments with my aunts, uncles and cousins and being a part of such a beautiful day. And I don't mean to brag, but it was nice being with kin with hair as good as mine. (Even if I don't actually know what to do with mine in the presence of humidity. I live in Colorado. I only encounter humidity when I travel.) That Sepsey hair. It's definitely a dominate gene.



2.) Eliana is a big girl: Eliana got to go to "Monkey Cheese" as her reward for being completely potty trained for over a month now. I'm pretty sure "Monkey Cheese" is her combination of Mickey Mouse and Chucky Cheese. I love to hear her say it. And I'm so proud of her.

3.) Pumpkin Patches: We had a trip to the pumpkin patch and had way too much fun. Have I mentioned that I love fall??




4.) Parker is a Talky-Face: Parker is talking so much! Among his favorite words of the moment are Truck, Grandpa and Batman. He LOVES batman. I have also decided that Parker is destined to be the next Usher. He could have his daddy's voice, he loves to dance and he'll probably only be 5 feet tall....

5.) Game Nights: We had our friends Nurni & Uncle Grabe (nicknames to protect the innocent) over for game night. We're hoping to make it a regular thing and even get a few more people involved (like the Smiths? So many aliases.) We love playing cards. And a few bottles of wine doesn't hurt, either.

6.) Breakfast: I had a baby-free breakfast with my forever-friend Penny on Sunday morning before Pope ran off to the Bronco game. Seriously. I think I've known her forever. And we're the kind of friends that no one thinks should even really be friends because we're so different. But that's what I love. Oh, and it was at Racines, and cup after cup of delicious coffee was enjoyed too. Can't get any better than that.

Next up, a trip to Central City & Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment