Monday, October 25, 2010

Sweet Dreams

My darling husband has a beautiful voice. I'm not sure if that's what you say about a man's voice...I'm sure I should say "amazing" or "strong" or something but he doesn't really sing that often (seriously, that is) except for when he's singing our children to sleep.

It's probably one of the sweetest things I've ever heard and one of the memories I will keep with me forever. He would sing to Ellie for hours when she was a baby. And while Parker has been highly attached to a specific "Mommy & Parker" routine at bedtime he's missed out on some of the Daddy singing. Until the other night.

I listened to the song from outside Parker's bedroom door and didn't see the little man again until 14 hours later. Those Daddy songs. They do the trick. And I even sing and hum the song, too, and that's quite the feat as I was not blessed with musical talent. So here's a little song that makes a lot of little people in this house happy, sung by one of my favorites, Kristin Chenoweth.

No comments:

Post a Comment