Thursday, December 11, 2008

Why Blogging is Dumb & Why I'm Compelled to Do It


So, I'll say it. "Sometimes I get lonely." It's not something that I like to admit. It doesn't make me feel happy when confronted with the thought of it, but it is realistic. The transition from being "part of the world," as I like to call it, to being a Stay-At-Home-Mom (see how confining just the title is!?!) has been full of ups and downs. Mostly ups, really, as there is no greater reward for me than to be with my darling bug and making a happy life for my hard-working husband. I choose this life every single day and I know I've made the right decision.

That's all well and good. But sometimes I get lonely. So when the family is busy, and my friends are at work or taking care of their kids, and the husband it hard at work, and the bug is sleeping, I wonder what to do with the thoughts in my head. So, here we are. Blogging. Hmmm.

Blogging is dumb because it assumes that everyone else is really super excited to know those random thoughts in your head. And the truth is they are not. People have too much going on in their own lives. I absolutely believe that. But, all the things going on in all of our lives are the same things going on in everyone else's lives, too. It's true. And scary.

So, while Blogging is dumb, it's also interesting. And maybe it brings us together. And maybe it shares all the common thoughts in our collective heads that we think we don't have time to share. And maybe it will help one stay-at-home-mom feel less lonely when the mood is set to strike. We will see.

1 comment:

  1. well first im glad you have been sucked into blogging. second i think some people do care what others are thinking maybe not to the extent that you think they are or want them too but there are some people out there that just strike me as interesting and i want to hear about them and what they think. But i have to agree with you somewhat because i try and post pictures to show our lives since they are easier and quicker to look at. I think it all depends on your audience though. anyway glad you did, i need to be more like you and write more but then i feel like you sometimes and think naw they wont want to read this especially cuz im a horrible writer but i guess i should do it anyway for those that i dont know that just might read it. do i make sense? well whatever, i like reading your cuz of our longtime relationship and your interesting thoughts and you are a good writer so keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete