Thursday, December 25, 2008

The Christmas Museum

We like to visit a place called the "Christmas Museum" on Christmas Eve. It's a little tradition Derrick and I started while we were dating, and it's one of our favorites. We always try to get others to go....we tell them all about it and why it's crazy and fun...but it's always just us (well, and 100 other strangers) who go visit this little house in Englewood that is over-done with sugary-sweet, over-the-top, weird and crazy Christmas decorations. And I like it that way.



Really, there are no words to describe the house. You just have to go. And it's crazy. And we go every year and we love it and we love it even more now that we have Eliana to enjoy it with us. I love that there are things in the world that just don't make sense but they are neat and impressive and inspiring in their own way....and on a few days of the year they are just absolutely perfect. We call it the Christmas Museum (our little name, not an official title) because it's just kind of everything all thrown in one place for the world to see. And that's kind of how I'd like to see Mr. Pope and myself in about 40 years. Hopefully we'll be so lucky as to have a ton of memories and crazy stories and funny moments (and Harley Davidson stuffed animals? Haha) to throw out there for the world to see. We're making our own little Christmas Museum. Awwwww.

We had a wonderful holiday. We have been truly blessed with great family, generous gifts, and tons of delicious food. A few favorite memories that I'll attempt to hold close as long as my pregnant brain will allow will be Eliana's new baby "Bob" and how he distracted her from appreciating ANYTHING else for 24 hours, Derrick's excitment to take Ellie down to the tree this morning, laughing my face off with my brothers, my Grandma Doris breaking out the sewing maching after 30 years to make the bug and me matching kitchen aprons (Eliana's apron below: so cute!!)....lots of things.


Wishing everyone a happy holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment