Saturday, January 3, 2009

First Kiss

Kids....they just grow up so fast. Eliana, our little snuggle bug, is grounded. Derrick grounded her when he got home from work yesterday. I'm not entirely sure what this entails as she went out to breakfast with Grandma & Grandpa Jones this morning, played at the Baby Store while I picked out diapers and clearance baby clothes (you know me, I love a good sale!) and visited with Grandpa Sepsey a bit before her nap this afternoon. Not really a very good grounding, but she's not even 2.

The point is this: Eliana is grounded because she kissed a boy. It was her first kiss and Derrick isn't happy about it. Kids, they just grow up so fast. She had one of hopefully many little play dates with adorable Wesley, the son of one of my very favorite friends, Josalyn and her husband Danny. As they live in Salt Lake City our visits are sometimes few and far between but I adore any and all time I get with them. Appartently, Eliana also enjoys her time with these good friends as Wesley and Elle had a nice little kiss upon parting. I''ll have to start planning the wedding. (Because we all know I also love to plan.....)

Hopefully Derrick will forgive her soon and they can start addressing their trust issues in the near future. Hehe!! (I'm also the daughter of a social worker, is it that obvious? I'm sure there is more of that to be discussed in the future. But one can only reveal so much at one time, you know.)

1 comment:

  1. your blog is so cute and very kind. we had a great time as always seeing you guys thanks for letting us hang with ya. i really wish we lived closer. we will be out this summer so we will have to do it again.-love ya!

    ReplyDelete