Friday, December 4, 2009

Auntie V

So, you wouldn't know it from the old blog, but I'm a new aunt to my very first little niece. Things have been, well, crazy, but I intend to do a much better job being an aunt as little Rylee grows. It's hard to do much with my two running around and Rylee being only three months old. But that will change. I can only imagine what the holidays will like in two years. So fun!!! Kids playing everywhere. Fighting, laughing, giggling.....

I've had a picture of my kids and brothers kids playing together since I was young. Even when I thought I would never have kids I still had this little picture in the back of my mind of cousins playing. As John lay in the hospital I prayed and prayed on that picture. John had to stay with us because he still had work to do. Things to accomplish. Stories to tell. Maybe he'll have his own kids one day, but at the very least, he has nieces and a nephew to watch over and love.

So, here's to my little bit, Rylee. My first niece. And to me getting my act together and getting ready to help watch over her for many years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment