Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Way Things Are

If I know anything, and sometimes I think I do, it's that the world will sometimes disappoint you. Maybe you made the wrong choice, maybe you trusted the wrong person, maybe you did the wrong thing, or maybe something crummy simply left you a little disillusioned. It happens. Too often.

But these things ultimately result in something better. Somewhere down the road you end up making better decisions, or being more careful about who and how you trust, or trying to be a better person just for yourself. This too happens.

From this vein come some news and life lessons:

1.) We took Eliana & Parker to a Rockies game. It was fun. Parker really liked it and probably would have watched all day. But eventually things with Ellie became a bit trying and our stay was relatively brief. We stopped by the totally packed kids playground, walked out of the stadium for some Dulce de Leche gelato and were driving back home by the sixth inning. As we were leaving Pope said, "This is why my mom never took us anywhere." Hmmm. Indeed.

2.) The baby brother is in love. It's adorable. It is publicly known that I completely despised the last girlfriend. She was terrible!! I could write for days of my disgust but I will not. No one needs to see me be that ugly. But from her he learned what real love is supposed to look like. And it looks like he's been able to find it. I am so happy for him.

I'm also instituting a "Quote of the Day" for the old blog because I want to remember all of the funny things that are said on a daily basis in our house. So someday our kids will repeat them to their kids and I will be genuinely satisfied....

Quote of the Day: Ellie, on me presumably brushing her hair to hard, "Mommy, stop!! You're brushing too hard!! You're hurting me twicer and twicer!!" ~ What??

No comments:

Post a Comment