Friday, August 13, 2010

Lazy River

With a house full of family and a what feels like a long, hot summer, my father-in-law, Jack, had the brilliant idea to go to Water World last week. We packed up the cars and made it for a whole afternoon. I had the distinct pleasure of riding along in a tube on the Lazy River with Parker. He LOVED Water World. What do you know!?! He might really be my son after all....

He waved at all the people, splashed in the water, giggled with delight, and when he snatched my sunglasses off my head and I playfully demanded that he give them back he cocked his head and gave me a big fat, "No!" He's 15 months old. And with that, I think, my baby Parker was gone.

He's acting so much older all of a sudden. He said "Blueberries" yesterday and "Grandma" this morning. He's paying attention to everything and he's learned he can actually tackle Ellie, knock her down, and pin her to the floor. He's 15 months old. Bye, bye Baby Parker. I love the little boy you are becoming. (Tackling Ellie included. I'm sure she deserves it.) How is it that a baby is just a baby for what seems like forever and then one day - not a baby. I'm glad I got the moment with him at Water World. It seemed like a little secret between me and him.

In other news we've got a list of things we still need to accomplish before these summer sands run out. Like a trip to Steamboat Springs with the parents and grandmas, a mountain retreat with all of the siblings when brother Dan and family get back from Japan, my cousin's wedding in Chicago and a few more house projects like painting the kids bedroom furniture. Not so lazy after all....

Quote of the Day:
"I love my Aunt Emma cuz she's all grown-up like me. And I love my cousin Cole because he's soooo handsome," ~Eliana

No comments:

Post a Comment