Sunday, August 1, 2010

My Girl Likes to Potty all the Time, Potty all the Time, Potty all the time...

Immense success in our little world as Eliana is going pee on the potty all by herself all the time. Seriously. All of the time. Like 18 times a day. Either she has a problem or she really likes jelly beans. I'm going to guess the latter. Geez, jelly beans. I wish I'd thought of those little suckers earlier as they have obviously created some previously lacking incentive.

Interestingly, we also spend a lot of time going potty when it's nap time, lunch time, dinner time, bed time or any other "interesting" time. We spent 18 months just trying to get her to sit on the darn thing at all and now I'm asking her to just stop for a second, for the love of God, and eat your Mickey Mouse chicken nuggets and hummus! This is why it must not make any sense to be a kid sometimes. Because parenting just doesn't make any sense.

We also spend all day talking about pee and poop. ALL DAY. They are fascinating conversations consisting of what things we do and do not pee and poop on. I really should right some of her questions down so that when I look back on all this remember her as my sweet angel I'll have a more realistic log containing things like, "Mom, do we poop on the cat?" (Followed by rounds of uncontrollable little-girl laughter.) Um. No, Ellie. We sure don't.

So congrats to the bug for her great accomplishment and her ability to remind me that all of my "control" issues will not aide me in this life lesson. As retribution, I'll keep all of the pictures I've taken of her potty time and her "Book of Questions" for high school blackmail.

No comments:

Post a Comment