Sunday, January 3, 2010

Brand New

I'm feeling sentimental. I feel it when I look at my kids. My house. My brother. Even myself. With this new year we're entering a whole new year of opportunities and leaving a whole lot of things behind us.

We're done having babies. And the ones we've got, well, they just keep growing. I simply cannot believe how much Eliana has changed this year. She's amazing. And through my whole pregnancy with Parker I thought, "If I can just make it through the first year of newborn & two-year-old, I'll be fine." That date is fast approaching.

Parker is crawling, pulling himself up, and babbling up a storm.

Eliana is so verbal now. I love it. She talks and talks. We're looking at Preschools for the fall....

I'm feeling less and less like a baby machine. I actually kind of feel like me again (+15 extra pounds).

And so it goes. The next phase. With the ups and the downs and the new adventures. Saying goodbye to some good friends (Miss you already, Kelly & Family) and maybe finding some new ones? (Welcome to the world, Connor Carson!)

It's a new year. Goodbye 2009. Hello 2010.

3 comments:

  1. What pre-schools are you looking at? We are thinking about Betty Adams, I love how close it is.

    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aye! It's so hard! We're going to look at Happy Valley (on Quaker, in Arvada) and I've heard good things about The Wooden Shoe on 92nd (close for us, too). I'll have to look at Betty Adams, too? It's good?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard great things about Happy Valley (my brother went there) the reason we are looking at Betty Adams is they have half kiddos with special needs and half that are "normal" (don't know that it is really 1/2 and 1/2 but they do have more kiddos with special needs. The school is also run by someone who has trainning with special needs. We have to sched. a tour but we are really hoping we like it because we would love this for Zach. It is on 92nd between Wads and Sheridan.
    Betty Adams also offers pre-preschool, you take them between 1 and 3 times a week for 90mins so they get used to you leaving them (this is something we will really need).

    ReplyDelete