Saturday, January 16, 2010

Take Good Care

So, we've moved Parker into "The Kid Room" (it can't very well be just Eliana's room anymore, can it?) tonight. And we have our bedroom back. I can read in bed. I can have a retreat. One that contain a 20 lb. sleeping/snoring baby. I can talk to my husband in a voice louder than a whisper. I can get up in the middle of the night and fear walking past his crib! How strange!

We waited too long for this, but Parker is my baby! I feel more hesitant to move on to the next big step with him, because I know now how short each phase really is. How exciting for us (for me!) that we've reached this one, however delayed. And how exciting for our kids that they will have this time together.

Eliana perked up excitedly as I lay Parker down in the crib that used to be hers, "Parker's sleeping with me!!"
"Yes, love," I whispered. "You can sleep better knowing he's here with you. He'll be your little buddy all night."
"Okay, Mommy!! I take good care of him," she says. And is asleep within minutes. (Although we suspect she got up once or twice to peek in at him.)

Sweet babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment