Thursday, January 21, 2010

Donut Party

There has been, for some time now, a phenomenon occurring at my house called a "donut party." I don't know how it started, except that somehow my Dad, Ron, realized that 2-year-0lds like sugar and started bringing donuts. Now, Papa Ron's name goes hand-in-hand with Lamar's Donuts, as far as Eliana is concerned, and about twice a month we get to enjoy my Dad, Cherlyn and sugary snacks and coffee.

Eliana adores the regular time with my dad and his girlfriend. Parker is much too jealous of the donuts. He really wants to join in. But he is beginning to love the visits just as much as his sister. I must say, I love them, too. One never knows the way life might change when kids come into the picture. I'm happy to report that it's only made my relationship with my Dad better. I love seeing my parents be grandparents. I love to see how they can't help but love every silly thing about their grandkids. I love knowing that the little boogers that drive me crazy all day are their ray of sunshine. ;)

Thanks for all the donut parties, guys! We love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment